Frost in Florida
Frosts and Freezes As a newcomer to Florida I assumed that the summer heat would be the primary factor in determining which plants I could grow. It turns out that the real issue is cold.
- Steps you can take to minimize the possibility of damage from cold weather
- Materials you can use to protect your plants
- The Freeze of '08. How my garden fared during a hard freeze in 2008.
- Jargon. What do all those terms mean like radiant and advective cooling?
- When You Think All is Lost. The plant may very well be dead - a victum of a killing frost. But more often than not, your plants may surprise you.